Training and Development
Reach further and reach your potential.
Blattner doesn’t just talk about maximizing your potential. We give you the power to make it happen through professional training, employee development, and other programs to support your personal growth. If you have the ability, drive, and desire to succeed at Blattner—you will. It’s as simple as that.
“Blattner gave me the flexibility to learn and work in the field with the trades. That led me to grow into an experienced, respected part of the management team.”
Chanda, Manager of Construction
B.S. Construction Engineering Technology – Montana State University
Our comprehensive training programs and career-development opportunities give you the tools you need to achieve your goals and grow within the Blattner organization. Our team-oriented culture ensures you’ll receive hands-on construction training and mentoring from seasoned professionals in the field.
Tailored construction training and employee-development programs for skilled craft personnel and field-supervisory positions include:
- General job training
- Task/job-specific specialty training
- Project site-specific safety and environmental training
- Comprehensive safety training
- Best practices and QA/QC training
- Programs in leadership development, communication and team building
- Annual supervisor training and seminars
Culture and Leadership Development
Blattner strongly believes in cultivating our company culture and developing employees to reach their greatest leadership potential. Some of the unique culture and leadership education, employee development programs, and resources we provide are:
- The Peak Leader Model: The foundation of the Blattner leadership development program and a roadmap to leadership success for all employees—regardless of level or responsibility.
- C3: An annual, multi-day conference for all company supervisors—from field engineers to the president—presenting culture and leadership education to support employee development.
- Quick Conversations: A companywide program that infuses culture and leadership development into everyday life throughout the year.
- Culture Committee: A workshop group of employees from varying positions across the company who develop initiatives to sustain and hone the best of the Blattner culture.
- Culture in Action Program: A unique program that uses employee stories to formally recognize individuals and teams that exemplify the Blattner culture.
- The CANDLE: The online home for Blattner’s culture and leadership development programs and resources. Content includes streaming and downloadable video content from C3, Quick Conversations, and the Culture in Action Program.