We deliver reliable energy storage solutions for today's energy market.
With more than 30,000 MW of renewable energy installed across North America, Blattner Energy is well-positioned to deliver reliable energy storage solutions for today's energy market. As a diversified power generation contractor, Blattner provides complete engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) services for utility-scale energy storage projects. Specifically, Blattner drives the engineering, construction, controls and integration of energy storage systems. Above all, Blattner Energy delivers A BETTER CONSTRUCTION EXPERIENCE™ by adding value throughout all phases of the project life cycle, raising industry standards for safety, system performance and quality assurance.
Blattner’s energy storage capabilities include:
• Land optimization
• Site assessment
• Project budgets
• Regulatory work
• Project site layout
• Controls and system integration
• Technology evaluation
• Solution support
• Environmental work
• Permitting procurement
• Project management
• Site development
• Battery procurement and installation
• Transmission lines
• Construction Management
• O&M services
Blattner has more than 20 years of experience constructing renewable energy projects and the technical experience to deliver industry-leading integrated energy storage systems.
- Currently constructing an integrated utility-scale solar and battery storage technology project
- Successfully integrated a 20 MW Lithium-Ion battery energy storage system in PJM territory that, when completed, was in the top two percent constructed worldwide
- Installed more than 30,000 MWs of renewable energy projects
- Built the six (6) single largest wind farms in the United States
- Delivered more than 250 projects for our clients and has never missed a Commercial Operations Date (COD)
- Completed more than 100 substations and switchyards across North America
- Constructed more than 830 miles of transmission lines ranging from 60 to 345 kV
Quality Control and Assurance
Blattner’s quality system ensures the highest levels of quality control and assurance on every project. Starting with competent, highly trained supervisors and craft personnel, our formal quality system ensures consistency in our approach, process, output, and long-term system reliability. Our QA/QC initiatives include:
- Timely benchmarking
- Third-party testing and inspections
- Internal auditing program
- Daily collection and distribution of lessons learned
- Dedicated QA/QC individuals on every project
Blattner is known for adding value throughout all phases of the project lifecycle.
- We seek to provide cost reductions and system enhancements through our upfront understanding of technologies, innovative problem solving, and technical acumen that spans more than 250 projects safely and efficiently delivered to the power generation market.
- By strategically collaborating with our clients, Blattner has added hundreds of thousands of dollars in value to single projects.
Blattner recognizes the importance of identifying and preserving local wildlife, sensitive habitats, and culturally significant resources in and around project sites. We collaborate with our clients to ensure we work within the guidelines of specified regulatory bodies on each project site, and we comply with all local, county, state, and federal regulations.